Sunday, November 9, 2008

Race and Politics in this new era

It's funny. I've been obsessed with this election as most of America and the worls has been. I've written little on my personal blogs about it. Even though I ate, slept, and breathed all things related to this election. I said more on other sites than my own.

Now that it is over the obvious question is Now What? At school last week, I was amazed at how so many of the adults expected the students to be different, to walk in with a new consciousness. To be...different people. Of course they were the same...And I must admit I even spent some time lecturing them about being different.

Change is always small. It isn't until after all the little changes that we notice that there was a change. It is gradual...The key is to notice those small changes, to cultivate those small changes... This is where we can make a difference. This is where the difference is made.

No comments: